Friday, December 25, 2009

Can I use used toner as new in laser printer?

HP 2600n laser printer


refill states to discard used toner but toner looks ok to meCan I use used toner as new in laser printer?
You can use more if you take the toner out and shake it little bit, distributing the material inside. Then when it starts to print blank page, then it's time to replace it or refill it. If it's starter toner(same toner you got when you bought the printer), then it might not let you refill it. Some starter toners does not let you print anything after certain number of pages wheter there is some toner left inside or not.Can I use used toner as new in laser printer?
I assume you want to use leftover toner from a cartridge in the same machine? It can be done. It however is no the wisest idea! Toner has a habit of absorbing moisture that makes it ';harden'; up. that's why people say when you get near empty, you could shake the cartridge to get more life out of it. Also, not all toner is the same, different manuf. often use different grades of toner. What works in a brothers printer may not work well in an HP. I use to use the leftover toner from my office big Xerox in my home HP, it worked for a while but screwed up my printer. I know toner cartridges are expensive but they are less expensive that a printer repair job!
Don't listen to what it tells you. When it starts printing and you can't read it then replace the tonner. I can get 200 pages more from a tonner buy ignoring the replace tonner message.
  • keloids
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment