Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Laser printer is printing dirty pages after I refilled the toner. Please help!?

I purchased a new drum unit for our Panasonic KX-MB271 laser printer and it worked pretty well until the toner was low. I went on amazon and found one of those refill kits which was basically a bottle full of toner and I just refilled it following the directions. I'm not sure what happened but a few days later whenever I would print anything the paper would be dirty. Even when I printed out a blank white sheet of paper, it would come out lightly tinted gray. Could I have spilled toner on the rollers or something? I disassembled the printer and tried cleaning it but the problem is still there. I don't want to get rid of this printer since I just spent $100 on a new drum unit for it. Please help!Laser printer is printing dirty pages after I refilled the toner. Please help!?
Is this is a drum/toner cartridge that you refilled? or a separate toner cartridge from the drum?





If it is a combined toner/drum cartridge that you refilled then I'd say that the cartridge is just worn out. These cartridges are not built all that well to last for more than they were intended. There are other internal parts that control the toner application, clean the drum and store waste toner that need attention too. If the waste toner part is full then you'll get this toner coming back out onto your prints. If the drum cleaning parts are worn out - same thing. I really don't ever recommend refilling toner cartridges as there are so many other things that can, and will, wear out and other potential problems from doing so. Also the re-fill toner may not have been of the proper quality as the ones in the cartridges.





I'm sure the printer is still fine, but recommend purchasing a new, or at least a professionally re-manufactured cartridge (though there can be problems with these as well many times). I know they are expensive, but provide more consistent good quality prints.





Best of luck.Laser printer is printing dirty pages after I refilled the toner. Please help!?
If u still have to software for it, install it and use the cleaning utility.

No comments:

Post a Comment