Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Where can I buy MICR toner for Dell 1720dn printer to print checks?

We just purchased a new ERP system and on of the things we can do is print checks using a laser printer on a special paper for checks.





I was told that we need to use a special toner to print the checks, called MICR toner or magnetik toner so that the machines at the banks can read it when they process it through their scanner.





I checked at a website www.checksnet.com and talked to someone there and they told me of course, they were the best, etc., etc. Their website doesn't give me the impression that they are the best...and they won't send me a printout as a sample so I can check with our bank if they are OK with it. Checknet.com offers a toner cartdrige for $236.51 and they claim a yield of 18,000 checks!!!!





I also checked with our copier-vendor (IKON) and they offer the MICR toner for $167.00 and they say the yield is 6,000 pages.





I have no idea if that makes sense. I'm aware they base the estimates on a 5% printed surface. Price difference between vendors is too bigWhere can I buy MICR toner for Dell 1720dn printer to print checks?
I found this website. I do notice the price is same as you have listed for cost. the link is:





http://www.checksnet.com/Dell%201720%20M鈥?/a>





~good luckWhere can I buy MICR toner for Dell 1720dn printer to print checks?
Dell buys MICR from checksnet.com and refers customers daily. Reasons are simple: There are BIG differences in MICR toner quality and they fill cartridges to capacity. Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment